Pin this for later!
Note: This post may contain affiliate links.
- The Freelancer’s Bible
- The Essential Guide to Freelance Writing: How to Write, Work, and Thrive on Your Own Terms
- Made to Stick
- The Fluff-Free Freelance Writing Master Course
- Writing Copy for Dummies
- On Writing
- Big Magic – For when you find yourself in a creative slump!
- The Money Book for Freelancers, Part-Timers and the Self-Employed
You can read more about why I recommend these books here!
Other Bloggers to Check Out
Sara Frandina – Copywriter extraordinaire, Sara Frandina, has information for copywriters as well as a blog.
Elna Cain – Freelance Writer and Blogger, Elna Cain, has two blogs (one geared towards freelance writing and a mommy blog) that are a wealth of information for all things writing, blogging, and social media.
Blog Darling – Coco’s blog teaches the ins and outs of setting up a successful blog and how to monetize it.
The She Approach – Ana also teaches the ins and outs of blogging, affiliate marketing, and driving traffic. She also has a ton of eBooks and Courses that teach bloggers how to drive traffic and make the most of affiliate marketing. I recommend checking out her bundle, From Zero To Superhero Affiliate Marketing Bundle. If you don’t want to invest in the bundle, I also recommend her eBook and the Masterlist or you can test the waters with her free course before investing in her other products.
You can read why I love these groups here!
For Freelance Writers & Bloggers
- Writing Revolters
- Female Freelance Writers
- The Write Life Community
- No-Fluff Freelance Writing Group
- Ninja Writers
For Social Media & Traffic Building
- BTR – Bloggers + Instagram Community
- Traffic Building Community
- Boost Your Blog
- Pinterest Ninjas
- Pinterest Pals
Webhosts for Your Freelance Writing Portfolio & Blog
- Wix – Read more about why I love Wix here!
- WordPress (.org)
- Bluehost – With Bluehost you get a host for $3.95/month plus a free domain and the WordPress.org download.
- SiteGround – This blog is hosted with SiteGround and it was SO EASY to set up! Click here for more info about SiteGround.
Social Media Resources & Marketing Tools
Pinterest Ninja – This is an eCourse developed by Megan from LoveFamilyHealth (join her Facebook group, Pinterest Ninja’s!) This is an IN DEPTH strategy about how to utilize Pinterest to drive traffic to your blog. She’s a Pinterest wiz for sure!
Get Paid to Pin – This is an eBook created by Coco from Blog Darling (one of my recommended bloggers to follow) and it gives a breakdown of her strategy for driving traffic to her blog and increasing her sales with affiliate marketing through Pinterest. It’s a short read but the information in it is so helpful!
Canva – This is my go to for creating social media graphics and business documents like my resume. They have templates all ready to go with the correct sizes for Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest etc or you can make a graphic using custom dimensions. You can also check out this awesome cheat sheet to find out the correct image sizes to use across pretty much every platform! They have a free version as well as an upgraded plan.
Tailwind – This is my favorite Pinterest tool because I can run my Pinterest on autopilot! I can sit down for about an hour once a week and schedule my pins to be pinned to my boards throughout the week. It’s a time saver for sure! Click here to try Tailwind Plus for FREE!
Other Helpful Resources
For Continuing Education
For Business Cards & Other Documents
- Zazzle– Zazzle is my go to for creating my business cards and other documents like letterheads, custom notebooks and other paper products. They have really awesome designs and are reasonably priced.
- Vistaprint – Vistaprint also has reasonably priced business cards with a lot of design options to choose from. I made my first set of business cards on their site and they turned out exactly how I wanted them.