Holy Moly, we’re just over halfway through 2019! Crazy, right?
July was a great month! I got to spend a lot of time with family and friends. We even managed to spend the 4th of July weekend at the lake with some of my favorite people.
We also made a lot of progress on our home remodeling projects in July. We’re currently halfway through a laundry room remodel and I’m so excited because we finally got a new washer and dryer.
Nothing makes you feel like an adult quite like getting excited about new appliances, huh?
Anyways, let’s dive into this month’s goal review and cool freebies, shall we?
July GOAL REVIEW
My workload kind of dipped off around the middle of the month but for some reason, I still felt really busy. That being said, I didn’t get all of my goals for the month accomplished. However, I did get the most important one done; launching my brand-new Resources Vault!
Launch the Resources Vault ✅ – Check it out here!
MONTHLY ACTION ITEMS
- Publish 4 new blog posts ❌
- Create an editorial/content calendar ❌
- Create a new freebie ✅ – Snag your copy of The Ultimate Guide to Choosing a Niche
WEEKLY ACTION ITEMS
- Update 1 blog post ✅
- Post 3 Facebook posts ❌
DAILY ACTION ITEMS
- Gratitude ✅
- Approve & reply to blog comments ✅
- Read from a personal development/nonfiction book ✅ – I read Content Inc and loved it!
BLOG POSTs I PUBLISHED IN July
All in all, I published two new posts, one Creatives in the Spotlight interview, and updated two existing posts.
- How to Beat Writer’s Block as a Freelance Writer
- How to Easily Transition to Working from Home Full-Time
- An Interview with the Lorraine Reguly: Freelance Writer, Editor, & Coach at Wording Well
- Building Credibility as a Freelance Writer
- 3 Habits of Successful Freelance Writers
FREE TOOLS I’VE BEEN LOVING
MailerLite – After the whole MailChimp debacle, I decided to be preemptive and change email services while my list was still on the small side. I heard awesome things about MailerLite so I opted to switch to them and let me tell you, it was SO EASY. MailerLite has a MailChimp integration set up so transferring my subscribers was a piece of cake. I’m utilizing the free plan for now but they’re plans are super affordable and they’re not trying to scam their users like MailChimp decided to do. (P.S. If you don’t know what I’m talking about in regard to MailChimp, you should definitely read this. Especially if you use their platform!)
Moz Keyword Explorer – This has been a lifesaver when it comes to finding keywords and phrases. It shows you how difficult a keyword or phrase is to rank for, how often the term is searched for, and relevant keywords. In addition, it pulls a SERP analysis so you can see the top sites ranking for that keyword. The only downside is the free version only gives you so many searches a month. So, you either have to be selective about you 10 “credits” or upgrade to the paid version of Moz.
Grammarly – Grammarly still continues to be one of my top tools. It saves me so much time with editing and I really love the built-in thesaurus feature. If you haven’t checked it out yet, you definitely should! Find out more about Grammarly here.
MY FAVORITE BLOG POSTS FROM July
- 4 Ways to Streamline the Client Onboarding Process (The Denizen Co)
- The Ultimate 5 Step Client Onboarding Process (Nesha Woolery)
- A 5 Minute Guide to Keyword Research (MegaBolt Digital)
BOOKS I LOVED IN July
While I read 10 books in July. Of the 10, these are my top three:
- Lock Every Door by Riley Sager
- Again, but Better by Christine Riccio
- Things You Save in a Fire* by Katherine Center
*These were my Book of the Month choices for July. Interested in getting a FREE book? Use my link to sign up for a Book of the Month membership and you’ll receive a free new release hardcover book of your choice! I always look forward to the first of the month when the new selections are released for Book of the Month. Check it out here!
MAGIC MOMENT OF July
It’s been a long time coming but I finally launched my brand-new Resources Vault!
Here’s a rundown of what’s inside:
- Exclusive Freebies: Every single freebie I’ve created is available in one convenient place.
- In-Depth Guides: I’ve created some ultimate guides to help you jumpstart anything from creating your freelance writer website and portfolio to starting a profitable blog.
- Helpful Tools: Running a freelance business or blog requires some serious work! The Resources Vault gives you access to all the tools I use to run both.
- Discounted eBooks/Courses: If I receive a discount code for my subscribers or one of the products I recommend goes on sale, I’ll list the deets in the here.
Click here to get access to the vault and all the goodies locked inside!
Okay, I’m six months into using my Powersheets planner and I have to say, I’m enjoying it. It really forces me to break down my goals and be intentional. If you’re curious about Powersheets, now is the time to check it out! Get it here!
MONTHLY ACTION ITEMS
- Publish 4 new blog posts
- Create an editorial/content calendar
- Create a new freebie
WEEKLY ACTION ITEMS
- Update 1 blog post
- Post 3 Facebook posts
DAILY ACTION ITEMS
- Approve & reply to blog comments
- Read from a personal development/nonfiction book
Alright, I think that’s everything! If you’d like to check out my previous roundups to see the other freebies and goodies I’ve recommended in the past, click here.
Katie Jenison is a freelance writer offering copywriting, blogging, and ghostwriting services. She works closely with home builders, remodelers, interior designers, real estate and property management professionals to help them create content marketing strategies, improve their digital presence, generate leads, and engage with their target audience. Katie also helps freelance writers and creative entrepreneurs pursue their dreams of working from home by providing tips and advice, business strategies, and writing tips on her blog, The Quiet Type. Download her free workbook, A Freelancer’s Guide to Setting Rates, here.